St. Charles Criminal Defense Services
Defending the Accused in St. Charles, St. Louis & Lincoln Counties
If you are under a criminal investigation or have been arrested for a crime in the greater St. Charles area, the first action you need to take is to retain the services of a competent attorney. This is your constitutional right and is critical if you wish to obtain a favorable result.
At the investigation stage, you may be able to avoid charges being filed against you through communications with the prosecutor via your attorney. If you have already been arrested, you will want to ensure that you have a defender on your side who knows how to fight back with effective legal strategies and with a reputation for successful trial advocacy.
At James E. Carmichael, Attorney at Law, you will find a highly-qualified and successful criminal defense lawyer who is widely known and respected in St. Charles for his superior legal abilities, experience, and client service. He fulfills all of the qualifications mentioned above that can positively impact the outcome of your case.
Reasons to Obtain Criminal Defense Services in St. Charles, MO
Getting arrested can be an emotionally overwhelming and scary experience, especially if you are facing criminal charges for the first time. A conviction can lead to harsh criminal penalties, including jail or prison time, fines, and a permanent mark on your criminal record. One of the most important steps to take immediately after arrest is to hire an experienced criminal defense attorney.
The following are several reasons to obtain St. Charles criminal defense services:
- Law enforcement officials and prosecutors are not on your side – Although the police officers want you to tell your side of the story, you must remember that anything you say can and will be used against you. To avoid incriminating yourself, you must have a lawyer present to advise you on how to answer.
- You don’t know how the criminal justice system works – The intricacies of the judicial system can be quite complex because it involves so many procedures and deadlines. Criminal defense attorneys have extensive knowledge of the entire legal system to protect your rights and freedom from start to finish.
- Your lawyer has handled cases like yours – While some attorneys deal with a wide range of criminal cases, some specialize in specific charges, such as DUIs, theft charges, sex crimes, or violent crimes. You want to hire a lawyer who has experience with cases similar to yours and has obtained favorable outcomes in those cases.
- Your attorney can take care of everything on your behalf – Your lawyer can investigate your arrest, collect and analyze evidence, determine if your constitutional rights were violated by law enforcement officials, figure out the weaknesses in the prosecution’s case against you, and get the best possible result in court.
Request a free case review with the criminal defender at James E. Carmichael, Attorney at Law at his St. Charles office. Call (636) 442-0077 or contact the firm online.
- Penalty Reduced First Degree Murder
- Not Guilty First Degree Assault
- Not Guilty Verdict Felony Discharging of a Firearm
- Charges Dropped Felony Assault
- Case Dismissed DWI
- Avoided Prison DWI
- Case Dismissed DWI
- Amended Charges Domestic Assault First Degree
- No Conviction Distribution of a Controlled Substance
- Not Guilty Verdict Arson
“A win for Carmichael” - Tim
“The man to go to!” - Judy
“Undoubtedly best of the best.” - Bob
Learn what former satisfied clients have to say about the representation they received from Attorney James E. Carmichael.
Criminal Cases Handled in St. Charles, MO
Attorney James Carmichael handles all types of criminal matters. If you believe you are being investigated by law enforcement, it is important to act early by bringing in a legal professional who can protect your rights, ensure that you are treated fairly, and that you do not do anything to unwittingly jeopardize your case.
If you have been arrested and charged, you will need an attorney who can guide you through the criminal process, advise you at every stage, and take your case all the way to trial if that is your best option. Mr. Carmichael is a skilled and seasoned trial lawyer with a reputation for getting results that will work in your favor throughout your ordeal.
His firm handles such criminal matters as:
- Drug crimes, including possession, possession with intent to sell, sales, distribution, manufacturing, cultivation, and trafficking
- Misdemeanors, ranging from trespassing to disorderly conduct, petty theft, domestic assault, and more
- Felonies, ranging from robbery to kidnapping, arson, certain sex crimes, manslaughter, murder, and more
- Domestic felony, involving physical injury to a family or household member
A conviction for any criminal offense can destroy your reputation, compromise your personal and social relationships, impact your family and your livelihood, and put you at risk for jail time, heavy fines, probation, and other court-ordered actions. A conviction can result in a permanent criminal record that can be easily accessed online by future employers, landlords, educational institutions, and professional licensing agencies.
When up against all these criminal and collateral penalties, you need someone on your side who is as determined and aggressive as the prosecutor whose job is to convict and punish you. When you choose Attorney Carmichael, you can have the confidence of knowing that your freedom and future are in the hands of a proven defender who provides straight talk, has extensive experience, and is dedicated to serving clients with the utmost care.
40 Years of Criminal Defense Experience
Countless Jury Trials Successfully Won
Honest & Straightforward Guidance
Highly Respected by Peers, Prosecutors and Judges